Total disk space exceeds [%]
What is this alert?
This alert is raised when the percentage of segment host disk space in use exceeds the percentage specified in the alert rule. The master disk space is not included in the calculation. The alert is raised once a day until the percentage drops below the percentage in the alert rule.
What to do
This alert warns you so that you can add disk storage or free up storage in order to prevent a catastrophic disk full error that could interrupt Greenplum Database service.
Here are some suggestions for freeing space on Greenplum Database hosts.
- Archive and remove backup files
- Archive and drop older partitions
- Rotate OS and database log files
- Drop unneeded external tables and their data files
- Vaccuum database tables and catalog tables